Skip to content
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine first five ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place a third of the meatballs on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with waxed paper; microwave on high until cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Repeat twice with remaining meatballs.
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, mix sauce ingredients. Microwave, covered, on high until heated through, 3-4 minutes, stirring halfway. Gently stir in meatballs. Microwave, covered, on high until heated through, 1-2 minutes.
Ham ‘n’ Cheese Biscuit Stacks
- 4 tubes (6 ounces each) small refrigerated flaky biscuits (5 count each)
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut biscuits in half to make half-circles; place 2 in. apart on non greased baking sheets. Spread mustard over tops. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Mix butter and green onions. In another bowl, mix mustard, mayonnaise and honey. Split each biscuit into two layers.
- Spread biscuit bottoms with butter mixture; top with ham, cheese, romaine and biscuit tops. Spoon mustard mixture over tops. Thread one olive onto each toothpick; insert into stacks. Serve immediately.
Baked Crab Dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crab meat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 2 cups flaked imitation crab meat
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 round loaves (1 pound each) non sliced sourdough or Italian bread
- Additional sliced green onions, optional
- Assorted fresh vegetables, crackers
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream; mix well. Fold in crab, cheese and onions. Cut the top third off each loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottoms, leaving 1-in. shells. Cube removed bread and tops; set aside. Spoon crab mixture into bread bowls. Place on baking sheets. Place reserved bread cubes in a single layer around bread bowls.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the dip is heated through. Garnish with green onions if desired. Can be served with assorted fresh vegetables or crackers or toasted bread cubes.