SANTA’S LITTLE HELPER (Punch)
- 1 bottle of champagne (OR use a lemon-lime soda like Sierra Mist to make it non-alcoholic)
- 1 bottle of Cranberry Juice Blend
- 1 cup of sugar (try to use superfine sugar if you can find it)
- 1 c. frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed)
- 1 c. frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- water (for amount, see below)
- garnishes: lemon slices, cranberries, fresh rosemary sprigs
- Combine the champagne and the cranberry juice blend. Add the sugar, and stir vigorously until combined.
- Add the thawed concentrates, stir.
- If you want a strong punch you can leave as is and just add some ice. You may wish to dilute with up to three cups of water (add water to taste) depending on your personal preference. Remember adding ice will also dilute the punch a bit so don’t go overboard on both ice and water. 🙂
- Add your garnishes– a bag of fresh cranberries, lemon slices (wash the lemons well if including the peels), perhaps a sprig of fresh rosemary or two for a fresh kick.
- You can also make this ahead of time– simply add all ingredients EXCEPT the garnishes and bubbly (either champagne or soda). Refrigerate for a few hours and add the remaining ingredients when guests arrive. **
PUMPKIN SPICE HOT CHOCOLATE
- 3 cups whole milk or half and half (or use a mixture of the two)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 – 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (store bought or homemade)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 oz white chocolate bar , chopped
- To a dutch oven or large saucepan, add milk, pumpkin, spices and vanilla. Stir and heat over MED-LOW heat. Heat, stirring often, until mixture comes to a simmer.
- Turn off heat, add white chocolate and stir until chocolate has melted.
- Carefully ladle into mugs, top with whipped cream and dust with cinnamon if desired.
TO MAKE WITH SEMI-SWEET CHOCOLATE:
- Prepare as directed, except also add 2-3 Tbsp of granulated sugar to the milk mixture. Instead of adding white chocolate, add 3-4 oz semi-sweet chocolate.
TO MAKE IN THE CROCKPOT:
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker, stirring to break up the pumpkin. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours or HIGH for 1 1/2 hours.
JAMAICAN STYLE EGGNOG
- 7 Egg Yolks
- 1½ cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- ¼ Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ¼ cup Jamaican White Rum
- ¼ cup Bourbon
- ½ Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- Separate the eggs, set aside the yolks (save the whites and make yourself something healthy!). In a large mixing bowl, and the egg yolks and the brown sugar, whisk on medium speed until its well combined and is a creamy texture. Set aside.
- Next, in a large saucepan, on medium heat, add the whole milk, heavy cream, and evaporated milk. Bring to a light steam (do not overheat or allow to boil).
- Slowly pour the warm milk into the mixing bowl on low speed. Once well combined, then add the condensed milk and whisk until smooth.
- Lastly, add the rum and bourbon, vanilla, and spices. Whisk on medium speed for 2 minutes. From the mixing bowl, strain into the serving pitcher. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve cold.